1938: Police /fire building completed; Police department established
May, 1938: Village of Greendale officially opened.
August, 1938: 1st organized fire department meets.
September, 1938: Volunteer fire department is established.
August, 1939: Hose Tower Building (annex) is completed.
December, 1967: New Fire Department. is opened on Loomis Road.
November, 1998: New Police Department is opened on Grange Avenue.
To serve the new community, the Village constructed a building that served as the original Police Station, Fire Station and Municipal Court (6600 Schoolway), as well as the Annex located behind the building in the Municipal Parking Lot that served as the Hose Tower for the Fire Department to dry their hoses and provide additional storage for other municipal equipment.
In 1972, the Fire Department moved to its own Station located at 6200 W. Loomis Road. The Old Police Station continued to house the Police Department and Municipal Court until 1998 when the Village constructed the new Safety Center at 5911 W. Grange Avenue. The Annex has remained in used by the Village and Village Community organizations for storage.
Since 1998 and the move to the Safety Center, the Old Police Station has remained vacant.